Monday, August 25, 2014

Tosca (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Ever since I got a taste of Chef Pino Lavarra's revamped menu at Tosca 3 months ago, I have been wanting to come back for more. And I finally got the perfect excuse to go back following a call from my buddy from LA who's in town to check out Ritz Carlton's banquet halls. As I will be meeting him for lunch, Tosca became the obvious choice there.



Unlike last time, it was a gorgeous day with clear skies. 



Felt like I could reach out and have IFC wrapped around my arms from high up here.



The 3-course lunch set ($418) is always the best value-for-money choice here but we both had a big breakfast late so decided to settle for the 2-course set instead ($378).

A little bit of bread to start things off - the squid-ink baguette and olive focaccia were both outstanding.



While we were still munching away on our bread, our main courses were already on their way. Meet my perfectly poached cod with bread and onion crumble, tomato, chick pea and yogurt sauce. 

The middle of the cod fish was still a little raw which was exactly the way I liked it (7/10).



My buddy's slow-cooked lamb shoulder crusted with mustard was equally superb. It was nicely complemented by a sauteed broccoli and crispy artichoke (7/10).



Onto dessert already and I had the same dessert I had last time - their traditional tiramisu.  Once again perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness (7/10).



At first, I thought it was a panna cotta but it turned out to be an Amalfitan lemon delight with a lemon flavored cream and sponge cake underneath (6/10).



Petite fours were adequate but unspectacular.



Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 102/F The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, West Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon
Tel: +852 2263-2263
Website: Link



View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. I have been to Tosca and it’s a very nice place to hang out with friend, they serve delicious food. Now days I am in Chicago and looking for banquet halls in Chicago for my official meeting. Please suggest some good places for that.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell us what you think