Saturday, October 23, 2021

Semua Semua So Bar 蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Our craving for a good Malaysian-style afternoon tea has brought us back to Tsim Sha Tsui again, this time to the newly opened Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) right across the street from The ONE. 

Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) authentic Malaysian cafe Tsim Sha Tsui HK

I had a little run-in with the "front man" (obviously can't take episodes of "Squid Game" out of my mind) at the reception counter. He insisted that we must have everybody here before letting me in. I didn't want to argue with the guy but I told him it's a stupid rule (some places require half of the party to be there but this is even more stringy) and instead of this really stringy rule, maybe they should consider putting a time limit on how long diners could stay (one hour?). I hope he passed that along to his management. 

Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) authentic Malaysian cafe Tsim Sha Tsui HK

Iced coconut pandan (椰汁班蘭冰)  I had my sight set on this drink last time I visited Semua Semua in Causeway Bay but didn't quite pull the trigger because I thought the color was way too artificial. But hey, what the heck!

Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) authentic Malaysian cafe Tsim Sha Tsui HK - Iced coconut pandan (椰汁班蘭冰)

This truly tasted like pandan flavored coconut milk. It's more on the sweet side but if you happen to enjoy Vietnamese drinks like Chè Ba Màu, you would love this as well. Little nugget was telling me that the color of it reminded him of the chemical he used for one of his experiments last week.

Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) authentic Malaysian cafe Tsim Sha Tsui HK - Iced coconut pandan (椰汁班蘭冰)

Hainanese-style kaya toast (海南鴛鴦咖央多士) – I couldn't get this kaya toast off my mind of late. In my opinion, it's much tastier than the original kaya toast with butter here mainly because of the toasted bread. Its crispiness reminded me of the toast from Ya Kun Kaya Toast from Singapore. It's crispy to the point that it's really really crunchy. Like the typical kaya toast, this came with a thick slab of butter and kaya jam (it's noticeably more frozen than those from other places).

If you haven't tried this kaya toast yet, I strongly recommend that you come and check it off your list. It's really that good.

Semua Semua So Bar (蘇媽.蘇媽 So Bar) authentic Malaysian cafe Tsim Sha Tsui HK - Hainanese-style kaya toast (海南鴛鴦咖央多士)






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F 10 Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2362-8020
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think