Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Dolce 88 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I was so upset with the service at The Continental that I decided to take my business elsewhere. Since I still owe myself a sweet ending for my lunch, I wound up going to the neighboring Dolce 88 at JW Marriott to get my dessert. 


It's been a while since I last visited Dolce 88 and I was really curious to discover more about their decadent treats following the departure of Executive Pastry Chef Jason Licker.  


White chocolate – It's not easy to find a nice cup of hot white chocolate in Hong Kong these days (after the closure of Angelina Paris). This wasn't as sweet as I first thought. Not bad.



Pumpkin Cheesecake 
– With Halloween just around the corner, it's not surprising to see Halloween themed pastries right here.


The cute little pumpkin-shaped cheesecake deserves some love on IG. 


Underneath the pumpkin gelée was a layer of pumpkin flavored cheese mousse with a pumpkin compote centre. The first thing I noticed (from my first bite) was the slightly firm texture of the mousse. And when it was matched with a pumpkin compote that was also on the hard side; I knew it's going to be bad news right from the start.



Obviously, nothing has changed ever since Chef Licker left the house in 2017. I am not going to make the same mistake again cuz next time, I knew exactly where to get my sweet tooth fixed in Admiralty - Island Gourmet at the Island Shangrila.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Address: Lobby Level, JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2810-8366
Website: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hkgdt-jw-marriott-hotel-hong-kong/
Opening Hours: 7:30am - 7:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think