Thursday, October 14, 2021

Kanzan Menya 神山麵屋 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Despite the fact that typhoon signal No. 8 was hoisted throughout yesterday, I didn't miss a beat from work. In fact, I was dialed in (literally) for the majority of the day for an all-important meeting which was switched online at the very last minute.

Anyways, after a hardworking day while my home was all shaken up by the typhoon, I was prepared for a lazy day just to chill out with the family today. Since little nugget has been asking for Japanese ramen all week, I decided to bring him out for a short walk and stop for a ramen lunch at Kanzan Menya (神山麵屋).



I really wanted to try their tomato ramen last time I was here. Not many places offer tomato ramen on their regular menu so it got me all curious.



As usual, I started things off with a sip of the tomato broth before working on the noodles. Surprisingly, the tomato flavors weren't all that strong and the broth wasn't as creamy as I originally thought. Instead, I could taste subtle flavors of pork bones in there (I could be wrong!).


Jelloman had the beef ramen with beef (short ribs?), beef tendon and daikon. I didn't expect it but she said the broth has been infused with curry. I guess I should take her word for it.


For little one, of course he's having their signature tonkotsu ramen.


It was his first time having dipping noodles and judging by his body language, he had absolutely no problem with it (as long as he had his ipad).


I had the pleasure of trying all 3 bowls of ramen today and the verdict goes something like this: Tonkotsu ramen > Tomato ramen > Beef ramen.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F Shop A&K and B, Sands Bldg, 12 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2332-0383
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00apm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think