Saturday, September 21, 2019

Gontran Cherrier at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Hong Kong gets its first taste of Gontran Cherrier this week when the celebrity French baker and pastry chef makes his debut at art-themed K11 Musea. I got my first taste a few years ago in Tokyo and later in Seoul so this was more of a re-union for me.



Gontran Cherrier's flagship at K11 Musea is by far one of his biggest establishments in Asia, which is fully equipped with its bakery kitchen onsite as well as a café, bakery shop and more.



It's always a luxury to have your own bakery kitchen in Hong Kong. 



I got a very close look at how these pastries were produced from the open kitchen.



I'm not going anywhere near that lineup in front of the bakery shop this afternoon. Everyone wanted a piece of Gontran's croissant but I've said it many times - I hate lineups!



So, I decided to go to the take-out counter instead to order my drink and pastry to go. All these looked really promising. 



I ended up getting this vanilla éclair topped with roasted pecans ($45).



The chef himself was on hand this afternoon to host a couple of workshops with the media and fans. Of course, I had to sneak in for a few photos.



This was a picture-perfect éclair (love those roasted pecans on top) with a deliciously crisp and puffy choux pastry. Reminded me a little of L'Éclair de Génie which sadly is no longer in the Hong Kong market.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B205-B207, B2/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3468-2430
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think