Sunday, April 16, 2017

HeSheEat Café Causeway Bay (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I always found it tough to come up with ideas on where to eat on our long weekends. Since lately there weren't that many newbies in town, I thought I should visit some of my old favorites especially those I haven't been to for a long time. HeSheEat ticked all boxes as it used to be a place I visited on a regular basis due to its nice selection of drinks (mainly milkshakes for me), comfort food and dessert; and that's where we're heading this afternoon.



I admitted I was a big mistake on my part not to have my favorite Oreo milkshake here. I went with this toffee banana shake which was okay but would I trade it for an Oreo shake. Absolutely.



I was quite happy with my wild mushroom risotto last time I was here so I decided to get it again. This was served with black truffle and a generous portion of spring chicken. Not bad.



I've never been a huge fan of molten lava cake to be brutally honest and there's only a handful of places where I would attempt to order it, HeSheEat being one of them (and of course, Kasa 家香). Instead of my favorite matcha molten lava cake, I went with the toffee and nuts version. This was a pretty clever idea on paper with flavors from toffee, hazelnut and pistachio working well together but I didn't like its partnership with the rum raisin ice-cream. Thought the acidity from the rum raisin kind of ruin the sweet and nutty theme a bit.






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 201, 2/F Causeway Bay Place, 2-10 Great George Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2868-2277


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think