Monday, October 31, 2011

The Waldorf Hilton (London, UNITED KINGDOM)

Jelloman has followed me around the world for a lot of my business trips so it was time for me to return the favor. She will be spending the next 4 days in London for a conference so I thought I could spare some of my annual leave to accompany her on this trip.



Her conference is at The Waldorf Hilton, a century-old hotel in London's West End just a stone's throw away from the Royal Opera House. My first impression of the hotel when I first saw the lobby was "old" (not sure about century-old). Really old.



It looks like they have touched up the rooms to add some modern touches to the otherwise plain and traditional European setting.



For a hotel in central London, this is considered pretty spacious, though I thought the beds could have been a little bigger.



The bathroom, however, is due for a facelift.



From a functional standpoint, there's nothing wrong with it but you never want to see a worn-out toilet cuz that will give you a sense of uncleanliness.



Early next morning, when Jelloman was already off for work, some squeaky noise got me up a couple of times. I started my own investigation and finally realized that the noise came from the century-old wooden floor just outside the door. Whenever someone walked through the corridor, the squeaky noises came back! In fact, it was so bothersome that I decided it was time to wake up for breakfast.



This has been one of the most amazing breakfast hall I had the pleasure of having breakfast in. Photo time!



Of course, they have the fine selection of food to match the venue.



After breakfast, I took some time to check out Jelloman's conference venue. Lookd like everyone has enjoyed a nice cocktail and moved into the conference room.



The Waldorf Hilton is situated in the heart of London's theatre scene with a number of nice theatres just around the corner.



What should have been a pretty comfortable stay was largely ruined by the squeaky wooden floor from a century ago.




Rating: ❤❤❤
Price: £££
Address: Aldwych, Westminster Borough, London, United Kingdom
Closest Tube Station: Covent Garden / Temple
Tel: +44 20 7836-2400
Website: Link


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think