Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Distinction Hotel Te Anau (Te Anau, NEW ZEALAND)

It's my first-ever trip to New Zealand. I won't say I was super excited about it but it was a convenient one to check it off my list en route to Australia. 

Jelloman wanted Milford Sound as part of the itinerary. I wasn't so sure about that. After all, we needed to make a special tour driving a few hours non-stop. And as a Canadian, I thought it looked way too similar to Lake Louise and Banff, only less impressive.



We did some research on the lodging options near Milford Sound and it turned out that Te Anau was the closest town in the area. The closest town with food and hotel. And from there, it was a toss-up between a couple of hotels with Distinction Hotel finally getting the call.



I didn't like staying on the ground floor of any hotel but that was what we were offered. Well, at least we got a nice garden view from the windows.



Part of the catch from this stay at Distinction Hotel was the view of Lake Te Anau. There wasn't much to be seen though as the mountain view was always blocked by the fog.



I didn't get the chance to take a shower after we checked in and it's time to hit the road again.






Rating: ❤❤
Price: $$
Address: 64 Lakefront Drive, 9640 Te Anau, New Zealand
Tel: +64 3-249-9700


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think