Monday, November 20, 2023

Mon Kee Cafe 旺記冰室 Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Spending last week in Beijing reminded me how much I missed the local food here. So, ever since I returned from the trip, I have never stopped eating local food. And whenever I saw a cha chaan teng, I just couldn't fight the urge of sneaking in for a quick bite. Of course, I won't turn down the opportunity to visit Mon Kee Cafe (旺記冰室) on a lazy Monday.


The tea was pretty strong this afternoon but hey, I needed the extra caffeine to stay awake anyways.


This was what I came in for, their silky scrambled eggs made with eggs from Hokkaido and it was tossed with barbecued pork and fresh chives. Gotta love the sweet soy too. A very good combination to go with the steamed rice.


The ratings are a little generous today cuz I am in the mood for hearty local food. Man, it's going to take a while for me to "come back to normal" again.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Kowloon Centre, 29-39 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2617-2616
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think