Sunday, May 16, 2021

Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel 當文歷餅店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Our beloved cronut by world renowned chef Dominique Ansel is turning 8 years old this month. As they have done in previous years, they are celebrating the occasion with a brand new flavor of cronut for a limited time only.


Of course, I couldn't take the risk of missing out on the limited-time offer so I made an online purchase on a pair of these cronuts a few days in advance.


Chrysanthemum & Blood Peach Cronut ($48) - I thought the pastry would be a bit more crisp and flaky but it turned out to be a little chewy instead. Could it be the fact that I accidentally placed it in the frigate!?


While I was slightly disappointed with its texture, the fillings were perfect (almost). Every one of the cronut was filled with chrysanthemum honey ganache and homemade blood peach jam. 


I was initially worried that the blood peach jam would bring too much acidity to the cronut but that wasn't the case at all. There were only small dabs of the peach jam in there for some lovely acidity. It was nothing comparing to the overwhelming portion of chrysanthemum honey ganache. In fact, a lot of those actually sprayed out when I sank my teeth on it (onto my sofa!)!


It obviously felt very good to finally scratch that itch of having a cronut this afternoon. Now that travel looks impossible for the next few years, it really makes this chance of having an original cronut extra special.





Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G63A, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2613-8618
Website: www.dangwenli.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think