Sunday, June 7, 2020

Cacao Sampaka at K11 Musea (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Unlike fellow European countries Switzerland and Belgium, Spain doesn’t immediately jump out as a country known for its artisanal chocolate. But in recent years, a few Spanish chocolate makers are making their presence felt internationally including Cacao Sampaka.


My first experience with Cacao Sampaka actually came from Tokyo, when I accidentally bumped into their store in Marunouchi and my first impression was a pretty good one. I was more than amazed with the quality of their chocolate and pastries so when news broke about them finding a landing spot at K11 Musea late last year, I immediately took notice. It ended up taking more than 6 months for me to finally take action.


Mini This Love ($54) - This is a very nice match, delicate lychee mousse paired with raspberry ganache and compote, a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. 


For a moment, I thought I was having a lychee flavored cheesecake.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B201-21, B2/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 5238-2318
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think