Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 (Bangkok, THAILAND)

I am kicking off the new year with a short trip to Bangkok but instead of Jelloman, I have Master Shifu traveling with me on this one. In the past, I have traveled with Master Shifu many different times in a large group but this was the first time we've gone on a trip with just the two of us.

We have done a lot of research on hotel accommodations in Bangkok before deciding on Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. It's a relatively new hotel (opened 2 years ago in 2011) with a modest price tag. Most importantly, it's right on top of Asok BTS station so transportation won't be a problem.


I didn't bring my camera on this trip so the photos didn't look all that sharp. But trust me, my room was a sleek modern one decorated mostly in white and beige color. They put me on the 21st floor so I was able to enjoy a lovely city view through the windows of my light flooded room.


One thing we never have to worry about is not having enough room in a Bangkok hotel. 


I am amazed how hotels in Bangkok always manage to fit both a shower room and bath tub into their bathrooms.


The city view, there wasn't much there except the back streets of Sukhumvit.


Of course, we had to take advantage of the hotel's prime location next to the Terminal 21 shopping mall. Once we dropped off our luggage, it was time to get a quick bite at the mall.


They have a "Let's Relax" spa directly connected to our hotel. So, after a late lunch, we immediately stormed to the spa to get a nice Thai massage done before dinner time. I actually fell asleep during my treatment and it really wasn't until my masseur patted me on my back that I finally regained my consciousness. 


Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 has a very nice swimming pool (most hotels in the city do) and to our pleasant surprise, there aren't that many people using it at all. Perhaps everyone has gone out for shopping!?


An infinity edge pool overlooking the city centre and river. Needless to say, we spent quite a bit of time here.


The gym is open till late.


The hotel has the prime location any tourist would love and there's a BTS station right underneath; what's there not to like right? Well, there were a couple of things I didn't like about my stay. For one, the breakfast buffet wasn't very good. The selection of food wasn't great and as one would expect from a large hotel with over 20 floors, the breakfast hall couldn't accommodate so many guests at the same time. So, we had to wake up a bit early to catch our breakfast. Secondly, for a hotel opened for just 2 years, it's showing signs of wearing out way too early. But this doesn't bother us all that much considering our stay was a short one.



Rating: ❤❤❤
Price: ฿฿฿
Address:  2 Soi Sukhumvit 19 Sukhumvit Road, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Asok
Tel: +66 2056-9000



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think