Friday, May 1, 2009

Yet Con Chicken Rice 逸群 (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★☆☆☆

I first heard about Yet Con from one of my favorite food critics, Mr. Choy Lan (蔡瀾) who describes Yet Con's Hainanese Chicken Rice as the best Hainanese Chicken Rice he ever had in Singapore. So I'm here to find out whether it truly lives up to its billing.

Located on Purvis Street near Raffles Hotel, Yet Con is one of the few original Hainanese food joints who could stand the test of time over the years.



We ordered the set which included Hainanese chicken rice and a vegetable soup. 

I thought this was a little overrated. The chicken breast was plain and not overly flavorful.


 
Next time, I would definitely visit Chin Chin Eating House across the street to see how their Hainanese chicken rice stacks up against Yet Con's.


Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$
Address: 25 Purvis Street, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: City Hall
Tel: +65 6337-6819


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think