Thursday, June 12, 2008

Le Crocodile (Vancouver, CANADA) ★★★★☆

It's always nice to visit good friends. Le Crocodile and I went way back. If my memory serves me correctly, I had my very first dinner here in 1992 and have been a regular customer ever since. I could recall some of my fondest memories celebrated here so this is a very special place for me. 

It's difficult to explain why I like this place so much. Perhaps it's the cozy ambience that makes me feel right at home. Could have been the impeccable service and the extensive menu as well. Now whenever I visited the city again, I would make sure that I pay them a visit.




As always, we started dinner here with a nice warm quiche.

 


Half Roasted Lobster in thermidor style. I had this dish a zillion times before and it's still as good as ever.



But I thought no starter could beat my favorite dish, the Dungeness Crab Cake with basil Aioli. Stunning presentation and the taste was even better!



We had a third starter which was a garlic sautéed frog's leg in chive butter sauce along with tomato puree. I thought it was just average.



Unfortunately, the main courses (both the meat and fish course) paled in comparison to the starters. That was disappointing.



Petite four was their signature crocodile chocolates. That remains a constant all these years.







Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 100-909 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tel: +1 604 669-4298
Website: http://lecrocodilerestaurant.com/




View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think