Monday, June 14, 2021

Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine 御寶軒 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since we last have a public holiday without a packed schedule (which is life for parents with a small child in Hong Kong). After MJ yesterday, I am having another relatively easy afternoon, just a quick dim sum lunch and we'll be off to the Science Museum to close out the day.



Michelin starred Imperial Treasure Fine Chinese Cuisine (御寶軒) isn't always on top of my list when it comes to dim sum but it's pretty easy to find a table (just booked 2 days ago) and the prices were more than reasonable.


Steamed prawn dumpling (筍尖鮮蝦餃) ($52) - The wrapper was a tad thick today but for the most part, pretty delicious.


Steamed diced mushroom dumpling (雜菌如意餃) ($45) - I forgot to order siu mai but this was a pretty nice replacement though. Mom loves this~


Steamed rice roll with prawn (鮮蝦蒸腸粉) ($58) - Pretty nice. 


Baked barbecued pork pastry (蜜汁叉燒酥) ($48) - Jelloman wanted this since we haven't had it for a long time. I thought the buttery pastry was nice and flaky working well with the diced barbecued pork.


Deep-fried prawn dumpling with mayo (沙律明蝦角) ($52) - I don't know why they made these deep-fried dumplings so small! I could hardly taste the filling...


Baked pineapple bun with barbecued pork (菠蘿叉燒包) ($48) - The buns were so pillowy.


Not bad but I would much prefer the baked pastry with BBQ pork thanks to that flaky crust.


Pan-fried turnip cake (臘味蘿蔔糕) ($45) - Pretty decent but I won't mind a bit more turnip strips in there.


Steamed beef tripe with "chu hou" sauce (柱侯金錢肚) ($48) - Really soft with a bit of chewiness (that's what I like about it!). The chu hou sauce was spot on without going over the top. 


Steamed Malay soft cake (香滑馬拉糕) ($42) - Very spongy. 


With a bit of bouncy texture. Love this~


Black sesame glutinous rice ball with grated peanuts (擂沙湯丸) ($45) - While Jelloman settled her crave for the baked BBQ pork pastry, I have my own score to settle as well - to scratch that itch for some glutinous rice balls with black sesame filling.


This was loaded with black sesame paste. Very very tasty.


Wok-fried "hor fun" with prawn in Penang style (檳城炒河粉) ($168) - The rice noodles didn't have its usual "wok hei" this afternoon. I guess it's been sitting in the kitchen for a while before someone brought it out.



I don't care much about the Michelin star but the price tag is certainly reasonable for what was on offer. But there's always one thing that they could improve upon and that's their service. I don't know what's the deal with this service team but there's always someone that gets on my nerve. Perhaps they could all use a customer service training together. 





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 10/F, 1 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2613-9800
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think