Friday, May 3, 2013

Restaurant at MO.OM Hotel (Olgiate Olona, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

We were supposed to head out for dinner after dropping off our luggage but the food menu at MO.OM Hotel's lobby restaurant didn't look as bad as we first thought, so we were going to dine here after all.


It's healthy food with a modern twist. First up, it was classic lasagna with spinach and what I thought was minced rabbit meat in the middle. Rabbit meat, really!? Healthy?


Next up was grilled octopus served on a bed of mashed potato. Although we could hardly find any grilled marks on the octopus, it was a reasonably good dish to end our night with.


Less than 10 hours later, we were back here again this time for our breakfast buffet. On our travel day, we would normally skip breakfast but we decided to make time for it since it's complimentary. 

We didn't get the chance to enjoy the view from the window last night since it was completely dark by the time we sat down. Turned out the restaurant was directly facing the highway. I am guessing it's the same direction where our room was facing.



This is an unusual year for me. April and May were traditionally peak season for me at work but I'm getting a break this year. I guess I am just going to enjoy it especially with my special fanfare ticket ($50)! 





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: €€
Address: Via San Francesco d'Assisi 15, 21057 Olgiate Olona, Italy
Tel: +39 0331 327551



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think