Monday, July 25, 2011

Glo Restaurant & Lounge (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After its soft launch in May, Hotel de Edge by Rhombus in Sheung Wan recently welcomed its newest member, Glo Restaurant & Lounge to the team. Tucked away on the first floor of this stylish hotel, Glo Restaurant & Lounge is helmed by young Canadian chef Robert Lockwood who is best known for his creativity and cutting-edge cooking techniques.

I was quite excited to meet my fellow countryman Chef Lockwood this afternoon. Unfortunately, I went the wrong way after coming out of the MTR Sheung Wan station and ended up arriving there a little after 2pm. There I was greeted by 2 staff who looked uninterested to serve me (perhaps a little late?) but after I insisted to stay for lunch, they eventually decided to show me my table next to the open kitchen.

Much to my dismay, Chef Lockwood was not in this afternoon so I had to wait another time to meet him! 



The lunch set here was quite a bargain @$98 for 3 courses beginning with a cream of potato Soup that was very creamy.



Main course was a pan seared cod fish with tomato, potato, carrot and onion. The presentation might not be as good as those at fine dining restaurants but the taste was definitely up there.



Dessert was probably the weakest link.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $
Address: 1/F Hotel de Edge by Rhombus, 94-95 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sheung Wan
Website: www.hoteldeedge.com.hk/dining-en.html



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think