Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Pawn (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have another busy day at work today so just a quick bite but I wanted to make it a nice quick bite. That's where The Pawn comes in.



It's been a while since I last visited The Pawn but everything seems to be right about the same. Same format from their set lunch menu (2 course for $198 and I think another $40 for dessert and coffee). And same tasty sourdough bread to start the meal.



Salad - Blow-torched baby squid was served with a variety of grilled vegetables, finished off nicely with a lemongrass foam. The design of the dish wasn't bad but I would much prefer the baby squid to be served warm. I just think they would taste much better if they were at least at room temperature but too bad the entire dish was chilled (squid, vegetables and even the lemongrass foam!).



Pork - The pork fillets were seared beautifully leaving behind some nice charred marks (and smoky flavors). The honey beans were a little chewy but much better were the thin slices of marinated pineapple, which did a great job cutting through the richness of the pork.



Normally, I won't hesitate to go for the additional dessert and coffee but not today. It was about time to head back to my office and so I quickly settled the bill and hopped over to Bakehouse to get some take-away sweets for the afternoon.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F, 62 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2866-3444
Website: www.thepawn.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think