Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Queen Sophie 酥妃皇后 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

The three musketeers are meeting in Wanchai for dinner tonight. Apart from catching up, the meal will also serve as a farewell dinner for S who will be moving back to Vancouver in 2 weeks. I have to admit, it's really sad to see him leave. He was the first guy I knew in Vancouver back in the good old days and despite not meeting up as often as we used to, he was always the first one to say yes when we organize a gathering.



Just before my dinner as I was on my way to the Sheung Wan MTR station, I found myself walking past Queen Sophie (酥妃皇后), the legend of 368 crispy layers for the second time.



I decided to come in and check out their cheese tart series up close and personal.



Black sesame cheese tart ($15) - This came with all kinds of different flavors including purple sweet potato, coffee, chocolate, matcha and egg custard but I had my sight set on the black sesame cheese tart right from the start.



The black sesame flavored cheese wasn't as runny as I thought but it was really rich and decadent. At the same time, it was light enough and not at all gluey. Pretty nice.



As soon as I finished up my cheese tart, I saw their double-deck cheesecake sitting inside another display counter. This looks really good too.



This was when I remembered I still had a buffet dinner to attend. So, I quickly finished up my cheese tart and took off.



The cheese tart was way better than the egg tart I had here a while ago (I would assume it came with 360+ layers too). This was really worth a return trip.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 5 Kai Fung Mansion, 2-24 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sheung Wan
Tel: +852 2269-0278


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think