Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Kau Kee Restaurant 九記牛腩 (Hong Kong) ★★★☆☆

I have been so busy walking around Soho and Noho all afternoon that I didn't realize I haven't had lunch yet! And it was already 4:15pm.....



Thankfully, I was at the right place at the right time. There are really no shortage of good restaurants and cafes near Gough Street and Kau U Fong (九如坊) and most importantly, I could easily avoid the crowd at this hour.



It's been a while since I last enjoyed a bowl of braised beef brisket in clear broth (清湯牛腩) at the legendary Kau Kee Restaurant (九記牛腩). For the past year or so, it was almost impossible to get in, due to the amount of tourists waiting to get their hands on this gem. But today, the place was surprisingly quiet for a change.



I love these thick noodles which were always working well with the rich-flavored broth and the shower of fresh chives was just perfect. I thought the beef brisket wasn't bad but what really made the difference here was the broth. 



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 21 Gough Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2850-5967


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think