Sunday, June 16, 2019

Impossible Burger 2.0 at Triple O's (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

None of us is really in the mood to celebrate Father's Day today so guess what, it's going to be a random pick. Fortunately, our plan is to hang out at Elements Shopping Mall so at the very least, I'm spared from having cha chaan teng (local tea restaurant) food on this memorable day.

I was actually offered a number of choices inside the mall (no Tosca though!) and ended up picking Triple O's (Impossible Burger 2.0!) over a few more attractive options.


Impossible Burger 2.0 - Yeah, this is the reason we're here. The new version is said to be juicier and tastes more like beef. On the nutritional side, it also uses more soy beans instead of wheat to lessen gluten concerns.



I had 1.0 a few months ago and it was an eye opener for me. The fact that it tasted 90% like real beef was really mind blowing.



But the improved version tasted like it has taken a step back. While texture was said to be their top priority with this latest launch, I just couldn't feel (and taste) the difference. In fact, the nice mushroom-like texture and fragrance seemed to have disappeared altogether.



But then, I was never born a vegetarian to begin with. For much of my career as a self-proclaimed food enthusiast, I have always been a meat lover. So, not surprisingly, I still find this mushroom burger with "real" Angus beef patty a little more appealing.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G004, G/F, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2889-1000
Website: www.tripleos.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think