Saturday, June 15, 2019

Ebisoba Ichigen Harbour City 一幻拉麵 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My first outing at Ebisoba Ichigen (一幻拉麵) in Wanchai was a pretty enjoyable one. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I decided to bring my family over to the Harbour City outpost to experience what I thought was a really delicious shrimp broth ramen from Sapporo.



It's my first visit to this branch of the Sapporo-based ramen shop. I was surprised to find that it's so much bigger than their Wanchai branch. I'm starting to like this place already.



I'm going with their signature ramen in the original shrimp broth ($88) again. This had the usual supporting cast including barbecued pork, soft-boiled egg and "deep-fried red ginger".

Now that I've had the original shrimp broth twice, it will be interesting to try their other broth which offers mix of either miso, salt or soy sauce (with the shrimp sauce). I have written it down for next time.



Ebi Mazesoba ($88) - A Hong Kong exclusive. I thought the broth would be served on the side but no, I was wrong. The noodles were already flavored with their patented shrimp sauce. This was really flavorful, perhaps too flavorful for all of us especially after having the signature ramen in shrimp broth earlier. I had to clear my palate with a couple glass of iced water after this.

In case you're wondering, it came with barbecued pork, soft-boiled egg, deep-fried red ginger (again!) and seaweed. 



Barbecued pork rice ($45) - The red ginger and chives provided some lovely extra kick to the dish but the barbecued pork (like those from the ramen) was disappointing.



Pan-fried dumplings ($35) - Not bad. They did a good job cutting down the oil.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT G59, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 3105-1199
Website: www.ebisoba.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think