Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Coffee Club at Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★★☆☆

My original plan for this Bangkok trip was to stay at Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit for three nights and then the recently opened Rosewood for the remaining two but something came up (the in-laws were coming) so we ended up staying all five nights at Hyatt Regency instead.

I have never been a fan of Bangkok hotels without free breakfast. From what I remembered since I first set foot on Thai soil (at least two decades ago), I have never stayed in a hotel that doesn't offer complimentary breakfast (OK, maybe Indigo in 2015). Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit has to be the very first one but I wanted to check out the Nana neighbourhood.



On the bright side, it's not like there's no alternative breakfast spot near the hotel. The fact is, with Terminal 21 just a stone's throw away, I know we will have many cheaper options around (breakfast was around US$30 per room so it's not exactly cheap) and that's not even counting The Coffee Club on the second floor of the premise that houses the hotel (weird the way I said this right? More on it later).

Originated from Brisbane Australia, The Coffee Club is a popular coffee shop and breakfast cafe that has more than 50 branches in Bangkok alone. With its Australian root, I know I'm going to see a certain breakfast dish that has toast and avocado in it.



Coconut pancake (240 Baht) - With little nugget off for his morning swim, it's just mom and me for breakfast this morning. She's a big fan of pancakes (especially Japanese pancakes) so this coconut-infused pancake was really a no-brainer for her. 

The pillowy coconut pancakes were served with caramelized banana and candied cashew nuts. Not a bad way to get the morning started.



Smashed avocado with poached eggs (260 Baht) - Yes, this is the breakfast dish I was referring to, sourdough toast topped with smashed avocado, poached eggs, rocket leaves and pistachio crumbs.



I love having avocado so it puts a big smile on my face.



Surprisingly, drinks were included for every breakfast dish. I didn't want any coffee this morning so a cup of English Breakfast tea provided all the caffeine I needed for the rest of the day.



One really strange thing I noticed about this branch of The Coffee Club was that, despite being housed in the same building as Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit, it is not directly accessible from the hotel. In fact, one needs to exit the hotel from the side entrance and take the escalator up to the second floor where the cafe is located. I didn't know why they couldn't make it a little more convenient for the hotel guests (An exit to the second floor will also enable guests to reach the bridge to the BTS station directly).

Price: ฿฿฿
Address: 2/F 1 Soi Sukhumvit 13, Bangkok, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Nana
Tel: +66 63-231-9164
Website: www.thecoffeeclub.co.th



The Coffee Club popular coffee shop cafe best in Nana Bangkok

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think