Thursday, May 9, 2019

Erawan Bakery at Grand Hyatt Erawan (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★☆☆☆

This afternoon, I'm making a nostalgic return to Erawan Bakery at Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, a place I used to know pretty well back in my business traveling days.



They used to have some of the city's best baked goods and French pastries more than a decade ago. But when I paid them a visit 5 years ago, things have already gone south.



Interestingly, they have added some new creations to their repertoire including these cream donuts and cruffins.




Since I've got another 15 minutes to spare before my highly anticipated lunch at Michelin starred Paste Bangkok, I thought I could squeeze in a quick bite or two.



Thai Tea macaron (45 Baht) - This tasted more like a caramel macaron than Thai milk tea one. As a matter of fact, I couldn't seem to find any tea flavors in there.



Custard cream cinnamon cruffin (70 Baht) - The presentation looked reasonably good but sadly, it's another disappointment.

This was way too chewy without much flakiness. It's hard to imagine it had just come out of the oven today.



And there's way too much custard cream in there. Needless to say, I didn't finish.



It was sad to see this once-top bakery and cake shop in Bangkok tumbling down the ranking. Their bread and cakes used to be some of the most authentic ones you would ever find in the city but now with all the competitions, I'm not so sure if it's even worth a place in the top 10.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ฿฿฿
Address: Lobby Level Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, 494 Rajdamri Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Chit Lom
Tel: +66 (0) 2254-1234
Website: bangkok.grand.hyatt.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think