Sunday, May 12, 2019

Audrey Café des Fleur at Emquartier (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★☆☆☆

Audrey Café is an all-day casual dining café that offers Thai-European fare at different locations in Bangkok, more or less in the mold of Greyhound Café. Both cafes have very similar style of comfort food (think soup, salad, pasta with a Thai twist) and even the collection of desserts look very similar (mostly crepe cakes).



I have only had dessert at Audrey Café (at Central Embassy) before and I remembered they had a very good Thai milk tea crepe cake and a so-so milo one. That was 4 years ago and I think it's time for me to get re-acquainted with what they have to offer now.



Like Dazzling Cafe from Taiwan, Audrey also has their entire staff dressed in traditional French maid outfit. That was pretty cute.

This branch of Audrey at Emquartier called Audrey Café des Fleur looks a lot "younger" than the one at Central Embassy. They've added some lush green garden feel to make it more homey and down to earth.



Of course, they know exactly what they are famous for - their crepe cakes including flavors like Thai milk tea, milo and coconut.



The coconut flavor with rainbow colors is a limited-time-only special edition to celebrate their 7th anniversary.



Didn't know they also offer these cute-looking cupcakes too. But I'm not a fan...



Thai milk tea crepe cake - Somehow this tasted nothing like we had 4 years ago.



I still recalled its texture being very light and pillowy like those from Lady M but the layers of these crepes were really thick and most importantly, it was really bland.



Without the Thai milk tea ganache, I probably could never tell it's supposed to be flavored with Thai milk tea. Very disappointing!



Unicorn coconut crepe cake - The crepes again didn't have the perfect paper-thin thickness so I knew we were in trouble.



I thought the different colors means different flavors but honestly I just couldn't tell. Very one-dimensional, that's how I would put it (They need to try my favorite rainbow crepe cake from Billy Angel Cake in Seoul and learn something from there).



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ฿฿฿
Address: Shop Q8A-2, 8/F Helix Emquartier, 1357 Sukhumvit 35 Alley, Bangkok, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Phrom Phong
Tel: +66 (0) 2003-6244
Website: www.audreygroup.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think