Saturday, October 20, 2018

Via Tokyo (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I have been a little lazy to stop by Causeway bay these days but since I was in the neighborhood to check out John Anthony (莊館) this afternoon, I thought I should maximize my trip by getting desserts from my favorite Japanese sweets cafe too.



There have been a lot of changes around Haven Street (希雲街) in the last few years but Via Tokyo remains a stable in the area's ever-changing food scene.



Soy bean powder Shiratama Azuki mix soft cream ($56) - We had trouble figuring out whether to get their matcha or Hojicha soft serve so this allowed me to get the best of both worlds. Always love the rich tea flavors from their soft serve. The mochi, chestnut and red bean paste were very nice complements as always.



Uji matcha cheesecake ($48) - I was putting together a list of my favorite cheesecakes in Hong Kong and this was very much in the mix.



I like the fact that the cheesecake was very light and soft unlike a typical American cheesecake. In fact, it's the entire opposite yet the matcha flavors were deep leaving a pleasant bittersweet aftertaste that made us long for more.

Interestingly instead of crumbs, they had a thin sliced bread as the base which was a surprisingly good match with the matcha flavored cheese.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1A-1B, G/F, Leishun Court, 106-126 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2895-1116
Website: www.facebook.com/viatokyocafe/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think