Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Pawn (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm making my regular visit to The Pawn this afternoon. My last couple of visits here have been pretty disappointing to say the least so I was hoping for a little better luck this time around.



Grilled squid salad, spicy mango vinaigrette - This came with a few grilled squid rings on top of a garden green which has been sprinkled with homemade mango vinaigrette. Pretty refreshing but not much of a spicy kick from the vinaigrette at all.



Pan-fried garoupa with Tuscan tomato sauce, cherry tomato and fried basil - The garoupa wasn’t bad but what really impressed me the most about this dish was the Tuscan tomato sauce which has been matched with tomato purée and basil pesto. 



Together, they really gave the fish fillet some nice textures and flavors to work with. Pretty tasty.



Banana mousse, pecan cookies and hazelnut ice-cream - I was expecting a slice of banana mousse cake so this was beyond my imagination. I have to admit, I really like the presentation which was very minimalist but I thought they could do a little bit better with the flavors.



This was a much better showing comparing to my last meal for sure. Since they have just launched a new a la carte menu to complement their set lunch menu, I guess I have to come back to check that one off the list soon.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 62 Johnston Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2866-3444
Website: www.thepawn.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think