Friday, October 5, 2018

Teakha 茶。家 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I had a long walk from Central station but finally made it to Teakha 茶。家 after a 30-minute uphill walk.



My self-imposed mission today is to check out my favorite Thai milk tea cheesecake here but I guess today is not my lucky day. It's not on the menu!



Gingersnap honeycomb pumpkin cheesecake ($56) - I guess it's time to try something different. This looked pretty good.



No Thai milk tea cheesecake, no problem. A glass of ice cold Thai milk tea will do the trick for me.



I have to admit, this was pretty tasty. Like all of Teakha's cheesecakes, it's very light and soft but nice rich flavors from the pumpkin and ginger. The honeycomb added some crunchy texture to the mix. A very good alternative to the Thai milk cheesecake in my opinion.



I haven't been coming here as often as I would like since the opening of Old Bailey where they also carry some of Teakha's delicious cheesecakes but this is something else, to sit around in this rustic and throwback environment. Looks like time has stood still forever.






Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 18B Tai Ping Shan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Sheung Wan
Tel: +852 2858-9185
Website: www.teakha.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think