Sunday, October 21, 2018

Lifetastic (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was going to treat myself to a frosty milkshake and perhaps something sweet at No Milkshake No Life (NMNL) but judging by the number of people waiting outside, I didn't think I could get in before dinner time. So, I quickly switched to Plan B.



Lifetastic is the next-door neighbour of NMNL and they are no slouch themselves when it comes to the dessert department.



Watermelon strawberry cake - Hands down, the best watermelon strawberry cake in Hong Kong. The ones at Fine Foods (at Royal Garden) and Meltlyplace have the look but this has both the look and taste you would expect from a sumptuous watermelon cake. The layered cake comes with almond dacquoise, rose-scented cream, watermelon and strawberries, and garnished with dried rose petals and pistachios.

I can never stop eating this.



Are You Nuts - I was a little curious about their other pastries as I've never tried anything else before. This had a similar architecture as the watermelon strawberry cake with two layers of almond dacquoise in the middle but they have swapped the watermelon and strawberries with chestnut mousse. It was topped with caramelized chestnut, chestnut cream chickpea. Obviously, it didn't have the refreshing and fruity flavors from the watermelon and strawberry but I thought it had a pretty nice balance of chestnut and almond flavors. I won't mind having this again.



Triple chocolate cake - It paled in comparison with the previous two cakes for sure but it's not a bad choice for chocolate lovers.



I have long heard about Lifetastic expanding out of Sai Ying Pun. After launching a pop-up store at The One with much fanfare, it looks like that they will have a permanent address there very soon. Stay tuned.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, 31-37 Hill Road, Shek Tong Tsui, Western District, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: HKU
Tel: +852 5243-9851



2 comments:

Please tell us what you think