Sunday, October 28, 2018

Arucamo Cafe (Sapporo, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

While all my teammates got engaged with shopping, I took a little walk down Minami 1 Jonishi (南1条通) to get some fresh air myself. But after sunset, the weather was getting cold out there so I decided to head indoor into Ikeuchi Gate (池内), a small shopping complex just a stone's throw from the famous Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade (狸小路商店街)Arucamo Cafe was right there to greet me as soon as I took the escalator up to the second floor.



Arucamo Cafe is a typical Japanese-style dessert cafe and tea salon with a fine selection of Japanese influenced cakes, tea and coffee but with a slightly quirky decor.



Mixed fruit mille crepes - I did my homework so I knew exactly what I was looking for. It's their prized dessert - mille crepes with kiwi, cantaloupe melon, strawberry and banana.



This was a lot like the one at HARBS but slightly more tasty thanks to the paper-thin handmade crepes in between each layer.



It's almost Halloween so not surprisingly, they have this Halloween themed mille crepes out with pumpkin, sweet potato and chestnut. It looks pretty nice from the picture.



Sapporo doesn't have a wealth of pastry shops so Arucamo Cafe is really not a bad choice considering it's right in the heart of the city.





Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 2/F Ikeuchi Gate, 2-18 Minami 1 Jonishi, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060-0061 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Sapporo
Tel: +81 11-215-1250



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think