Saturday, September 15, 2018

Tosca (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

We didn’t do much in terms of celebration on Jelloman’s birthday after our little nugget fell sick last week. I knew I will have to eventually make up to her at some point and I thought why not right before Super Typhoon Mangkhut arrives!



Calm before the storm as they call it.....



I was a little sad not to see a smiling Chef Pino behind Tosca's kitchen today. I have already got the news about his departure last month and the guys here confirmed that the charming Italian chef had indeed left for greener pastures (Sources told me Doha). Chef de cuisine Nick Russo has temporarily taken over the reigns until a new culinary director is named.



First, some delicious bread to start things off.....



I went with their 4-course tasting menu ($1580) this afternoon with grilled Langoustine leading the way.



The delicious langoustine, topped with fennel and dill, was served on a bed of Caponata vegetables with what I thought was potato puree and veal jus on the side. That was a nice way to kick things off. Personally, I like the Icelandic langoustine I had at Epure last week a little more but this was pretty good too.



Next up was our pasta dish with homemade cavatelli, red prawns, mozzarella, eggplant and tomato. Looked like it's been tossed with a really flavorful bisque sauce. 



I knew I could always trust the homemade pasta here. Very nice bite and lovely complementing flavors from the red prawns, tomato, mozzarella and of course the tangy bisque sauce.



My main dish was Australian wagyu beef tenderloin with different textures of eggplant. It was really succulent with a slightly stringy texture that tasted almost like a piece of ox tongue.  



Dessert was the always-popular tiramisu with limoncello.



There's a reason why this came out on top of my "10 best tiramisu of Hong Kong" list. This was airy and moist, yet not too soft and foamy. All the flavors were right on the money. Just perfect!



Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 102/F The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, West Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon
Tel: +852 2263-2270
Website: www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/china/hong-kong/dining/tosca


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think