Friday, September 28, 2018

Pici Pasta Bar Tsim Sha Tsui (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

When my favorite pasta bar in town was set to make its long anticipated debut across the harbour, I was determined to check them out on opening day but a few things that cropped up including a stint at the hospital postponed my visit.



I really like PICI Tsim Sha Tsui a lot. It's a much bigger and better place comparing to their St Francis Yard location. And not just counter tables here too as they have sofa seats all over the place.



Some bread, vinegar and olive oil to ease my craving a little bit.



Pappardelle with porcini mushrooms - Oh, I really miss their eggy pappardelle. This was pretty tasty with a lot of porcini and shaved parmesan but I remembered the flavors to be a little sharper at St Francis Yard.



Tagliatelle Amatriciana - This came with a little extra kick. Again the bite of the homemade pasta really stood out nicely. It was tossed with guanciale in a spicy tomato sauce with the same shaved parmesan providing the finishing touch. I'll take this one over the pappardelle on any given day.



Tiramisu - I was so glad their tiramisu didn't sell out this time around. Last time I had to settle with their panna cotta which wasn't bad but it's nothing like their tiramisu.



It reminded me of this remarkably delicious tiramisu I had in Rome called "Lift Me Up" (tiramisu's direct translation from Italian). The place goes by the name of Ristorante Alla Rampa, located just a few steps from the Spanish Steps. Check them out if you happen to be in Rome. It's one of the best tiramisu I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

Well, this one was also not bad. In fact, it's one of my favorite tiramisu in town.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 29-31 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2771-2231
Website: www.pici.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think