Thursday, September 27, 2018

I Love You Dessert Bar (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After laying low for much of the past two weeks, I was back to my usual tricks again. As soon as I started feeling the crave for Japanese souffle pancakes this afternoon, I wasted no time racing to I Love You Dessert Bar



This was a place that had a lot of people scratching their heads when the Michelin gods named them in their Bib Gourmand list a few years ago.



They touted themselves as a dessert bar but the truth was, they've got two bread and butter desserts - souffle pancakes and a modern style mille feuille.



When it comes to souffle pancakes, they have all these unusual flavors like matcha, mango, apple cinnamon and green tea with red beans. But purists like me know exactly what to order - their original flavor. For $29, that's a huge bargain over Japanese imports like Flippers and A Happy Pancake.



These were so airy and fluffy! Definitely worth the 20-minute walk. I added a scoop of tofu ice-cream for good measure too.



If you want to avoid the hour-long lineups at Flippers or A Happy Pancake, I Love You Dessert Bar could very well be the perfect alternative.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: Shop 3A, G/F, Ngai Hing Mansion, 24 Pak Po Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2612-2660


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think