Friday, July 27, 2018

Ramen Jo (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

I'm catching Mission Impossible 6 after work tonight as the movie makes its long anticipated debut in Hong Kong.

I was supposed to have sufficient time for a long and relaxed dinner but I got held up at the doctor's office just enough that I could only afford a quick one at Ramen Jo. Speaking of Ramen Jo, it's one of the few restaurants at Elements Shopping Mall that I have yet to visit. To be honest, I don't like having ramen in Hong Kong because there's only a handful of them who can meet my lofty expectation.



Special Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen (特製博多豚骨拉麵) ($106) - A seasonal creation touted for its rich and deep flavors which turned out to be quite disappointing. The ramen noodles and thin slices of pork were both fine but the broth way was too watery and bland for my liking.



Miso Ramen (麵豉拉麵) ($92) - This was so much better. The broth has a rich depth of flavors but Jelloman insisted it was way too salty for her. I guess it's never easy to find a dish that satisfies the both of us.



Like I said, it's hard to find a nice ramen shop in the city. For the authentic ramen experience, I would most prefer to visit those tiny little ramen shops in Japan where they do everything with heart and passion (Here, everything is so mechanical).

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop#1030, Elements Mall, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2196-8208
Website: www.facebook.com/RamenJo/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think