Sunday, July 15, 2018

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 (Taipei, TAIWAN) ★★★☆☆

When Lady M finally opened their first branch in Taipei in early 2017, it generated a serious buzz which saw them sell nearly 3,000 pieces of their mille crêpes in just one hour. That's quite a remarkable feat although not totally surprising considering how much Taiwanese loves their desserts.

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 [Taipei, TAIWAN] - Mango mille crêpes mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館)

I was rather curious to see if they offered any flavors of mille crêpes which were not available in their Hong Kong boutiques. Turned out there were two of them - citron and mango. I was planning to dine in but as soon as I saw the huge lineup in front of the shop (I was told it would take about an hour), I decided to jump ship to the other line that said "Take-away".

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 [Taipei, TAIWAN] - Mango mille crêpes mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館)

That was quite a breeze as it only took me a mere 10 minutes to get served. Now, the question is, where should I eat my mango mille crêpes?

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 [Taipei, TAIWAN] - Mango mille crêpes mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館)

Mango mille crêpes (NT$290) - I ended up walking all the way to Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館) to find myself a place to enjoy my mille crêpes.

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 [Taipei, TAIWAN] - Mango mille crêpes mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館)

In between the layers of patented paper-thin handmade crepes was mango flavor infused pastry cream, topped with slices of sweet mango. Not bad but a little too much on the sweet side. Come to think of it, perhaps they should've taken a page out of the famous mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) and give this a new twist (with sago and pomelo!!). Okay, it does sound a little weird and something with a bit of acidity and different texture would be nice. 

Lady M Flagship Store 台北旗艦店 [Taipei, TAIWAN] - Mango mille crêpes mango sago pomelo (楊枝甘露) Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (國父紀念館)

Since I was already in the area, I thought I should take the opportunity to check out the Memorial Hall, Shin Kong Mitsukoshi and Taipei 101 all in one go.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: No. 26, Lane 240, Guangfu South Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan
Closest Metro Station: Zhongxiao Dunhua
Tel: +886 2-7730-8660
Website: www.facebook.com/Ladymtaiwan/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think