Thursday, July 12, 2018

HeSheEat Café @Tsuen Wan Luk Yeung (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Last week when I was still in Singapore, I read about HeSheEat opening a new branch in Tsuen Wan from a fellow blogger. I thought long and hard about paying them a visit when I first got back but finally decided to wait a couple more days. There's something about visiting a brand new restaurant in their first week of existence. From my personal experience, service is always not up to the expected level and the kitchen tends to be a little unorganized.



More and more cafés and restaurants are dressing themselves in pink and gold these days (Example, both branches of Vive Cake Boutique in Hong Kong and Nesuto Patisserie which I had the pleasure of visiting in Singapore last week). I think this color tone really gives customers a nice warm feeling. 



In Hong Kong, you've got to use all your space wisely. Even this area underneath the escalator, they managed to squeeze in three counter seats. That was nicely done.



Needless to say, I was more than happy to see their frosty Oreo shake ($40) on the menu. It came with the usual finishing of whip cream and cocoa powder on top. I didn't realize how much I missed this until I got my first sip. I guess there's a reason why it was on my list of 10 favorite milkshakes in Hong Kong some time ago.



I thought I couldn't go wrong with one of the most expensive item on the menu and turned out I was right.



The creamy risotto came with three large pieces of pan seared Hokkaido scallops and topped by some shaved black truffle and crispy shallots ($138). It's not easy to find this kind of quality in Tsuen Wan. Trust me on this one.



Their food menu looks more or less the same as the one offered at HeSheEat Café in Causeway Bay. That's pretty good news for the folks living or working near Luk Yeung and Tsuen Wan MTR station.

HeSheEat @Tsuen Wan Luk Yeung - Food Menu

Same goes for the dessert menu. 

HeSheEat @Tsuen Wan Luk Yeung - Dessert & Drink Menu

This was one of the most expensive meals I've ever had in Tsuen Wan ($178 per head) but I'll definitely be back for my favorite shake and dessert fairly soon.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G15-16, G/F, Luk Yeung Galleria, 22-66 Wai Tsuen Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2793-1688


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think