Sunday, July 8, 2018

Chin Chin Eating House 津津餐室 (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★☆☆

Purvis Street is one of my favorite places to visit in Singapore partly because I love taking photos of these heritage buildings but its wealth of food options also plays a huge role in my affection (Gunther's, Garibaldi, YY Kafei Dian, Yet Con just to name a few).



When we think of famous eateries on Purvis Street, it would be hard not to mention Chin Chin Eating House (津津餐室), thanks to the ringing endorsement from the late Anthony Bourdain.



There are a few things that Chin Chin does very well and almost all of them have to do with chicken (Steamed chicken, roasted chicken).....



When you're in Singapore, visiting the hawker centre or hole-in-the-wall cafe is almost a must. So, while I got another hour before my lunch engagement, I decided to drop by Chin Chin for a late Sunday brunch.



Their famous Hainanese chicken rice set me back SGD$4. Come to think of it, I don't think I can get any decent food at that price in Hong Kong these days.



The steamed chicken was really tender and moist. I like how they have it drizzled with light fragrant soy sauce and sesame oil, elevating the flavors of the chicken even more. And if it still tastes a little bland, dip it with a little bit of chili sauce, ginger and dark soy sauce to bring out the best flavor of the chicken.



This is one of the best Hainanese chicken rice I've ever had in Singapore but is it better than Chatterbox's hugely popular Mandarin chicken rice? Let's find out tonight.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $
Address: 19 Purvis Street, Singapore 188598
Closest Metro Station: Esplanade / Bugis / City Hall
Tel: +65 6337-4640



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think