Friday, July 6, 2018

Angelina Paris (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★☆☆

Dinner finished a little earlier than expected so we were able to squeeze in dessert before we head back to our hotel. There're a number of dessert spots at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands but I have already made up my mind long before dinner.



This branch of Angelina Paris is situated on the canal level of the shopping complex, just above the canal.



I can't imagine myself getting anything other than their old-fashioned hot chocolate “L’Africain” for my drink. This was so rich and thick like chocolate lava. So good~



I was slightly disappointed with their pastries though.



Thought the Mont Blanc was alright. It was probably a tad too sweet for most people but it's perfect for me. Love the tiny bits of sweetened chestnut in the cream.



The Paris-New York was the one I was disappointed with. The choux pastry was just not very good and the hazelnut praline cream seemed to have melted a bit (due to variation in temperature?).



They have a separate boutique right next to the tea salon for those looking for take-away options.



I was one of those few who were sadden by the closure of Angelina Paris at IFC Hong Kong. So, I have made a promise to myself that whenever I get the chance (overseas), I will spoil myself with their old-fashioned hot chocolate. It's such a nice feeling that I got to keep my promise.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: B2-89/89A, Canal Level, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: Bayfront
Tel: +65 6688-7218
Website: www.marinabaysands.com/restaurants/cafe/angelina.html



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think