Saturday, June 30, 2018

La Patisserie des Idees (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

My sweet tooth continues to act up so I decide to do my part to tame it right after work this afternoon. I had a number of options at my disposal but at the end, I went with an off-the-board place in Lai Chi Kok - La Patisserie des Idees.

La Patisserie des Idees is a cozy little French pastry shop at D2 Place One helmed by an engineer-turned-patissier who honed his skills in France and Japan before moving back to Hong Kong to open his own patisserie. At La Patisserie des Idees, he's offering a nice mix of traditional and contemporary pastries based on his overseas travel.



Nama Cheesecake ($45) - I've had my share of cheesecake this week (The Mandarin Cake Shop and Paul Lafayet) but that didn't stop me from ordering yet another cheesecake.

This was very very light (like a marshmallow). In between the soft French cheese and sponge cake, there's a hint of pineapple and citrus for a nice kick of acidity.

What I like most about this cake is the crumble made with salted caramel crunch, which has added some crunchiness to the mix. The exotic fruit gelée and layer of pineapple which I thought was an interesting idea, provided a lovely tropical twist.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 224, 2/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 9282-6827
Website: www.lapatisseriedesidees.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think