Saturday, May 19, 2018

Tonkichi Tonkatsu Seafood 丼吉日本吉列專門店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

We saw a lot of tonkatsu restaurants come and go over the years but Tonkichi Tonkatsu Seafood (丼吉日本吉列專門店) manages to stand its ground since I moved back to Hong Kong more than a decade ago.



Deep-fried pork loin set ($218) - I've been getting my fix for Japanese breaded pork loin in Japan these days so my visit to Tonkichi Tonkatsu has been far and few in recent years. Still think they have the best tonkatsu in the city. The batter was really nice and crispy, the pork with just enough fat to keep me happy. Delish!



Deep-fried oysters and pork loin set ($282) - Of course I had to get myself some deep-fried oysters from Hiroshima. These were very fat and creamy. I thought even better than the pork loin.



Deep-fried prawn ($66 each) - Another one of my favorite that I decided to order as a "side dish". 



The tiger prawns were so meaty with nice bouncy texture. Just perfect with the crispy batter.



I gave Jelloman a lot of credit for coming up with our dinner venue tonight. It's been so long that I almost forgot how good these breaded pork and seafood tasted. This was a nice reminder tonight.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop L401, 4/F, The ONE, 100 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2668-0282


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think