Friday, May 4, 2018

Fook Lam Moon Tsim Sha Tsui 福臨門 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a few months since I last met up with my buddy V. Both of us have been extremely busy of late but with my birthday coming up soon, we knew it's time to catch up. V picked the spot for dinner tonight so I was going to just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Sautéed wagyu beef with pickled baby ginger (酸薑炒和牛) - I know morel mushrooms and asparagus are both in season but didn't realize the same goes for these baby ginger. They tasted particularly good with the green pepper and wagyu.



Wok seared omelette with crab meat (煎芙蓉蟹) - I initially thought it was our stuffed crab shell at my first glance but turned out I was wrong. It's instead our wok-seared omelette with crab meat.



I honestly didn't know how much egg white was in this omelette because it felt (and tasted) like a web of fresh crab meat to me. Very very tasty. Won't mind having another order of this at all.



Spinach in Fook Lam Moon’s broth (上湯大蒜浸菠菜) - Some vegetables in between our seafood and meat courses. The broth was surprisingly light which was right up my alley. Love those big garlic too.



Baked stuffed crab shell with onion and fresh crab meat (釀焗鮮蟹蓋) - I thought this dish would go first but they held it back until after the spinach was served.



This was pretty delicious. Underneath the crispy crust were fresh crab meat, onion (tons of them) and celery. But if I had to choose between this and the crab meat omelette, I would incline to go with the latter. 



Steamed minced pork with chopped squid and water chestnut (魷魚馬蹄蒸肉餅) - Portion was very generous and I got the feeling that I was having a homemade dish at home. Suddenly feeling a little nostalgic because it's a dish my goo-por used to cook for us when I was little.



Walnut cream (合桃糊) - We always got room for dessert, especially Chinese-style sweet soup. This was a little more bitter than I expected and more nutty as well.



Some petite fours before we took off to meet up with some friends. More bubbly tonight! 



There was something strange about the lighting here tonight. My photos (taken with my iPhone) were all screwed up and despite my best effort using PhotoShop, I couldn't get it right.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 8, 1/F, 53 Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2366-0286
Website: www.fooklammoon-grp.com/en


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think