Saturday, February 17, 2018

Kaju Soft Tofu Restaurant (Los Angeles, USA) ★★★☆☆

We were supposed to head down to San Diego for a short day trip but after battling a bad case of flu all week, I have finally fallen sick this morning. So, instead of enjoying some Mexican food in San Diego, I was resting at my friend's place all day trying to recuperate in time for some action tomorrow. Towards the end of the day, we took a short drive to Garden Grove where my buddy decided to introduce his favorite Korean tofu place to us - Kaju Soft Tofu Restaurant (가주순두부).



Kaju was absolutely packed when we arrived and it took us a good 15 to 20 minutes to get ourselves a table. While we were waiting outside the restaurant, I took a quick look at their menu which was mostly dedicated to soft tofu (surprise?). There are 14 different tofu soups (short ribs, kimchi, ham and cheese, beef, seafood, mushroom, oyster, clam, pork, dumpling, vegetarian, wild sesame seed and small intestine) to choose from and they even let you decide the degree of spiciness you desire (I picked "white" since I wasn't fit enough to eat spicy!). 



All their tofu soups were served sizzling hot in a traditional clay pot. I love the texture of these tofu, which were soft and flavorful. Perfect to go with my steamed rice. 



Of course, a trip to a Korean restaurant is not complete without some Korean barbecued meat. We checked out some barbecued short ribs tonight and they were just very succulent.



I'm crashing early tonight. Let's hope I get well soon coz I have a lot to accomplish in my itinerary tomorrow. 





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: 8895 Garden Grove Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92844, USA
Tel: +1 714-636-2849
Website: www.kajusofttofu.net



Kaju soft tofu Korean restaurant best tofu soup Irvine Los Angeles Garden Grove

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think