Sunday, January 21, 2018

Yee Shun Dairy Company 義順牛奶公司 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★☆☆☆☆

When I first moved back to Hong Kong, I used to come here a lot for their steamed egg puddings (燉蛋) and double boiled milk puddings (雙皮奶). Australian Dairy Company would be my first choice when it comes to those two desserts but Yee Shun Dairy Company (義順牛奶公司) was a fairly decent alternative especially for the fact that they have multiple branches all over Hong Kong (Jordan, Prince Edward, Causeway Bay to name a few). It's been at least 7-8 years since I last visited Yee Shun but for whatever reason, I got the urge to check them out in Causeway Bay this afternoon. What a huge mistake it turned out to be!

This Causeway Bay branch is arguably the worst one of the bunch for a couple of reasons. Service has always been lousy and the place is always full of tourists. I have nothing against tourists but I guess nobody is interested in long line ups (because Causeway Bay is always packed with tourists making this place particularly popular.).

Anyways, we stepped in here trying to stop our craving for egg puddings and double boiled milk puddings. As usual, they wasted no time serving them up as soon as we placed our order. These were supposed to be their bread and butter but once I finished my first few spoons of egg puddings, I noticed something terribly wrong. There was something powdery on the bottom of the egg pudding! That pretty much ruined the supposedly silky smooth and custard-like texture which was already a bit watery to begin with. I couldn't believe what has happened to one of my favorite dessert right in front of my eyes. This is very depressing...



Food Rating: 2.5/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, 506 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2591-1837
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think