Friday, January 12, 2018

Palco Ristorante (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Having been sick for much of January to start the year, I was just happy to be back healthy again this week. To celebrate my return to health, I thought I should do something special for today's lunch and visiting a restaurant I've never been before sounds like the perfect plan.

I have heard a lot of positive reviews on Palco Ristorante's 3-course lunch set over the years but was never keen to pay them a visit. Its location has something to do with it as it's a little out of the way from my office but hey, it's worth a try right!?

Sweet corn bisque with deep fried Hokkaido scallop - Pretty nice way to start off the meal. Very creamy and velvety.



The deep fried Hokkaido scallop made this an even better choice (over the tuna ceviche, sauteed clams and parma ham). Nice start.



Tagliatelle with Pacific red prawns - One of the signature dishes around here and it certainly didn't disappoint. The homemade tagliatelle was strong to the bite and I love the flavorful sauce made with the heads and coral. Very nice touch.



Homemade ice-cream sandwich - Dessert was a simple ice-cream sandwich with chocolate ice-cream. Nothing that blows me away but a nice, satisfying end to a pretty enjoyable lunch.



It's so good to be feeling healthy once again, which will be important if I want to continue exploring new places like this.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2/F, The Phoenix, 23 Luard Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2618-8383
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Website: www.palco.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think