Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Metroplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Last week, I was reminded on the fact I have not visited Passion by Gérard Dubois for their desserts in 2017. Not even once did I come and check out their French pastries in the past 12 months (although I did have their pasta a couple of times.)? That can't be right...



I don't recognize most of their pastries anymore so it must be a while since my last visit.



Chocolate Cube ($43) - I was tempted to try this one with velvety chocolate mousse underneath a layer of dark chocolate ganache.



The pistachio cream and raspberry compote were surprisingly good match with the chocolate mousse. Too bad there's not enough of both to make a significant contrast in flavors.



Mandarin yuzu & mascarpone mini yule log ($41) - Christmas is obviously fast approaching when I saw this mini log coming in several different colors and flavors.



There's a fair amount of acidity coming from the mandarin and yuzu working well with the mascarpone. Not bad.



In my opinion, Passion by Gérard Dubois along with Fine Foods and Thomas Trillion are three of the most reliable (with consistent quality) pastry shops in Hong Kong. I gotta find time to visit them on a more frequent basis.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 107-108, Level 1 Metroplaza, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2453-9992
Website: www.passionbygd.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think