Thursday, November 2, 2017

Kai Kai Dessert 佳佳甜品 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

After spending a week in Shanghai, I know I will be craving for a lot of local food when I came back. While pantyhose milk tea, French toast and curry fish balls all look extremely tempting, I ended up going a different route instead.



I've decided to visit Kai Kai Dessert (佳佳甜品) to get my fix for tong sui ("sugar water") this afternoon. This is my first visit to Kai Kai since they got their Michelin recommendation. In case you haven't heard about their story of the "Michelin curse", they got forced out of their original place due to skyrocketed rent following Michelin's endorsement but it's nice to see that they've finally settled into their new digs.



I'm getting my usual black sesame soup ($21). This was pretty darn good. 



But their bread and butter has always been their "tong yuan" or glutinous rice balls. Always love the ultra thin dumpling skin and the sesame fillings are always spot on.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$
Address: 29 Ning Po Street, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Jordan
Tel: +852 2384-3862


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think