Saturday, October 28, 2017

Pain Chaud (Shanghai, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I finally got the chance to get my first sip of coffee in Shanghai and I picked the perfect time to do it right after a relaxing spa treatment at Subconscious Day Spa.



My cafe hopping took place on Yong Kang Lu (永康路), once Shanghai's most famous bar street but since a major "crackdown" more than a year ago, it has become one of the quietest neighbourhood in the city.



The shutdown of many of the city's favorite drinking spots on Yong Kang Lu has left the area with just a few holdovers including Pain Chaud and Café del Volcan, who decided to stick around.



Pain Chaud is a French bakery shop that doubles as a coffee shop. 



Apart from their wide selection of bread, they also have a small collection of French pastries for those with a sweet tooth.



I got one of their chocolate caramel mousse cake (35 RMB) to go with my coffee. Not bad but I thought the caramel flavor could have been a lot stronger.






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 41 Yongkang Lu, near Xiangyang Lu, Shanghai, China
永康路31号, 近嘉善路
Closest Metro Station: Shaanxi South Road
Tel: +86 21 5424-9630
Website: www.facebook.com/bakerycoffeeshanghai/?rf=1491237387798878


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think