Friday, October 27, 2017

Hotel Indigo Shanghai On The Bund (Shanghai, CHINA)

Shanghai always has a very special place in my heart because I used to come here a lot for business. When I first started planning for this trip, I made sure that I would stay not in one but two hotels so I could cover a little more ground and that turned out to be a very wise decision at the end.

The first hotel I checked into was Hotel Indigo Shanghai On the Bund. As its name also suggested, it's a hotel by the Bund to kick off my first trip to Shanghai in almost a decade.



Indigo Hotels are best known for their cutting edge modern design that can get a little quirky at times. Their Shanghai location is a classic example of this, using an East-meets-West approach that you either love or hate it.



The decor with traditional Chinese furnishings came with a bit of western touch (But I'm not a fan of traditional Chinese furniture so...).



Of course, I made sure that I've got myself a bund-view room.



Even the bathroom has a partial view of the Bund. It's nice to watch the boats sail by when I was taking my shower.



While I didn't like the traditional Chinese furniture, the walk-in closet was kind of slick.



Staying at Hotel Indigo Shanghai On the Bund has allowed me the chance to admire this amazing view night in and night out when I walked back to my hotel. I won't trade this for the world.



Shanghai is one of the most beautiful city in the world. It's a shame I only got four days to spend here. Perhaps I should make this an annual trip to see the Bund and of course, their delicious hairy crabs.



I thought my stay at Hotel Indigo Shanghai was just average at the very best. While I enjoyed the bund view very much (but many other hotels offer the same view and more!), I didn't like the sound-proof system installed at the room at all. On my first day, I was actually waken more than twenty times in the middle of the night by the slamming doors. At the end, I had to request for a room change on our second day which really didn't help because it's the same sound-proof system on every floor. For all you light sleepers out there, it's highly recommended that you stay away from their establishment at all cost.



Rating: ❤❤❤
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 585 Zhong Shan Dong Er Road, Huangpu, 200010 Shanghai, China
Closest Metro Station: Yu Garden
Tel: +86 21 3302-9999
Website: www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/us/en/shanghai/shgnb/hoteldetail


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think