Saturday, October 28, 2017

Cinq Heure Du Matin 卯时法式甜品 (Shanghai, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I still have enough time to squeeze in another dessert spot before dinner so I wasted no time walking over to Maoming South Road (茂名南路) where little French pastry shop, Cinq Heure Du Matin (卯时法式甜品), was just waiting around the corner.



Good French patisseries are very tough to come by in Shanghai and even if there's one, I'd imagine that it's going to be somewhere by the Bund or right in the heart of Xintiandi (新天地). But Cinq Heure Du Matin is kind of in no man's land. It's about a 7 to 8 minute walk from iapm Mall (環貿中心) and Huaihai Middle Road (淮海中路) in the middle of a residential area. 



After settling myself down at the bar table, I went on to check out their display counter but only to find that most of their signature cakes were already long gone with the exception of Sacre Coeur and Detroit Gris.



Forget about signature desserts, I was going with my own choice which would be this orange blossom mousse cake (56 RMB).

I was rather impressed with the different textures here, starting with the soft and pillowy orange blossom mousse, combining well with the caramel mousse, hazelnut, a layer of almond dacquoise and last but not least, the biscuit base. Seriously not bad (though a bit stronger orange blossom flavors are most welcome).







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 114 Maoming South Road, Shanghai, China
茂名南路114号
Closest Metro Station: Shaanxi South Road
Tel: +86 21 17702198638


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think