Sunday, July 9, 2017

Baek Mi Dang 百味堂 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Half-century old Baek Mi Dang (百味堂) from Korea has opened a 3-month pop-up at K11 Shopping Mall this month and unsurprisingly created quite a buzz in the city.



Thanks to my blogger friend kosmose7, Baek Mi Dang was already on my radar screen a couple years ago and I was fortunate enough to have tried their signature organic milk soft ice-cream on a number of occasions in Seoul.



Despite paying double the price from Seoul (3,500won), I was more than happy to get my hands on one of these ice-cream cones again. Although that came with a 30-minute wait.



This was my first experience with their Baekmidang tiramisu and I have to admit, it caught me a little by surprise. The same organic milk soft ice-cream was served on a pair of ladyfingers before they sprinkled a bit of tiramisu powder on top. This was seriously good and it was really reminiscent of having a tiramisu.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: MG/F, K11 Art Mall, 18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui / East Tsim Sha Tsui
Website: http://1964baekmidang.com/en/


n

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think